Welcome to GH5 Crew which is a continuation from GH4 Crew, this will be the place to visit for all the GH5 updates and new information.
Earlier in January…Its been a long time coming but the new GH5 will be available about the 20th of March 2017, this really is a killer 10bit 422 DSLM with 4K 50p and no more 29minute record restrictions. The good news is it still takes the same batteries as the GH4 and they will last for 3 hours on the GH5.
I was lucky enough to be invited down to Bracknell to Panasonic HQ during November 2016 to see an early per production GH5. This is us interviewing Barnaby Sykes with a GH4 and GH4R.
The new Lumix GH5 which is 10% bigger as we now have a dual SD card slot and a full size HDMI socket, I shook Mr Uematsu’s hand when I found out about the full size HDMI socket for monitoring and outputting to an external recorder the full size HDMI is long overdue.
Here is the list of new features for video filming…
- The GH5 will record 4K 50p at 400mbps in a firmware update in the summer.
- 1920 x 1080 50p is 10bit 422
- A new high resolution viewfinder 3680 k-dot OLED (2360 GH4)
- Full size HDMI socket plus cable lock holder (included)
- 5 Axis stabilisation with certain lenses.
- Records continually (No more 29m restriction)
- V-Log and LUT display available as a paid firmware upgrade
- Live output via the HDMI socket (i.e. Your LCD screen won’t go black as it does in the GH4) and internal recording at the same time
- Better tracking via a new AF system…225 focusing points
- Two SD card slots capable of relay recording or back up onto 2 cards at the same time.
- Same battery as the GH4
- A new top mounted XLR unit costing £350
- Customisable AF (4 sets)
- New joystick control added on the back of the GH5
- Wave Form monitor has been added
- Luminance level for 10bit has been added
- Slow motion at 25p up to 180fps
- Autofocus Transition has been added (Pull focus)
- 4K Video in 4:3 Aspect has been added for shooting with anamorphic lenses.
- Hybrid LOG Gamma will be added in summer 2017 (FW update) for 4K HDR footage.
- 709 Like & Knee control suppress overexposure by high luminance video signals
- Summer 2017 brings a firmware update giving you 4K 4:2:2 10bit at 400Mbps
- Higher ISO up to 6400 ISO…a lot cleaner than the GH4
- 4:2:2 10bit output & internal recording
For all your video production needs in Scotland, get in touch with Small Video Company Ltd